Wednesday, April 19, 2006

abooboo no more

for several months now, i have been frustrated because i could not make a decent adobo. the first time i tried, it ended up like something a child would've come up with while she was playing playhouse. the second time, i almost got it right, but i ended up burning some parts of the meat because i mixed business with cooking :P i talked to my offshore team and forgot that i wasn't done cooking. anyway, i managed to salvage it, but i ended up making a new batch of sauce because i burned up all the initial sauce (shhh, don't tell my ex-foreign-land-housemates). i was resigned to the idea that i could never ever cook a decent adobo.

but two weeks ago, i was craving for adobong kangkong (water spinach). so i thought i'd try to cook some for dinner. i bought the ingredients in the grocery near our home. but they had no kangkong, so i had to buy string beans instead. i didn't follow the recipes i found on the web to the letter because they contradicted each other on some parts. but my adobo turned out okay. yummy! i know because i asked my housemates to eat the leftover adobo (turns out i cooked too much adobo -- but hey, i didn't follow the measurements in any recipe :P ), and there was nothing left the following day. or, they might have thrown it away, who knows? ;) in this case, ignorance is bliss :P

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Rom and I finished your leftover adobo, hehe :) Wipe out!

Last week, I helped Mama cook her homemade adobong baboy. I was surprised how easy it was--or so it seemed. I thought confidently, "Yun lang yun? Kayang-kaya ko yan lutuin!" In comparison, cooking sinigang na baboy may even be more taxing. I might try cooking adobong baboy next week. You'll hear my announcements if I pull it off successfully. :)

turkangel79 said...

less veggies = less taxing ;) yeah, adobo is supposed to be easy, that's why i was so frustrated that i couldn't cook up a decent one :D i'll try pork next time.