Sunday, February 20, 2005

the adventures of the "mini-boss": apprehensive

why is it that we ask God to bless us with great things, but when He does, we are not that thankful?

at the start of the year, i sensed that God has something big in store for me. now i kinda have an idea what it is.. our company just had me scheduled for a US visa interview on march 7! :O if i get a visa, they want me to be in the US by march 14. i will be a "mini-boss" in a foreign land.

i dunno why, but i am not yet excited about the whole thing. call me ungrateful, but i was actually opposed to the idea the first time i was informed of the interview. i wanted to celebrate my birthday here. i wanted to stay here in my safe, little corner of the world. i wanted to stay as far away as possible from our English-speaking clients. i wanted to stay as near as possible to my support group, my comfort zone. i wasn't ready to leave.

after a few pep talks (with my big boss and close friends), i'm warming up to the idea, slowly but surely. i must admit it's a great opportunity. not everybody in the company is given this chance (and to think i just joined the company last january 3). as my boss (oh, how i love my boss!) says, the sooner i accept my role, the sooner i can prepare to fulfill it. besides, if God gives me this opportunity, He must think i'm ready for it. who am i to disagree with God? He knows me better than i know myself. and yes, God will see me through this, as He had time and time again.

3 comments:

RW said...

I love that song! I had never heard it before but It's definetely how I feel about this year too!

Oh yeah, by the way. You don't know me, I just ran into your blog on the big internet world.

Be blessed!

turkangel79 said...

hi rosane! thanks for posting a comment. if we meet, i can sing you the song hehe. or maybe it would be easier for you to find an audio file of the song instead :) i think it's included in the Serendipity OST.

Anonymous said...

Hi Liz! I can relate to your sentiments. But I agree with your boss. It's a challenge, yes. But it's also a great fulfillment. :) See you in a few days. Have a safe trip. :)
-Shine-