Wednesday, November 29, 2006

baby's 2nd birthday

my baby is now two "years" old! he does not take after me, he's more fair-skinned. actually, he's pale -- with yellow and blue "blotches". no, he's not sick nor extra-terrestrial. and two-"issues"-old is more appropriate. i'm talking about our company's newsletter, of course :P

i joined the company's newsletter team early this year because i was getting bored with my work (and i wanted to relive my glory days as editor-in-chief of our high school newsletter harhar :P ) but i'm not "editor-in-chief" of this particular newsletter. my official title is "coordinator/proofreader", since part of the bargain is that i wouldn't be required to write (i'm too lazy to even post on my blog often, let alone the company's ;) ) we had our maiden issue last august . the 2nd issue was last november. the 2nd issue was meatier, and we got more people to contribute articles -- which was really nice, because there was less pressure for me to come up with filler articles (i wrote 7 short articles for the maiden issue, out of sheer desperation :P ).

for the 3rd issue, which will probably be out by february, i'm thinking of dropping the "proofreader" part of my job description. you see, i'm also the content administrator. and sometimes i'm not able to proofread the articles well, especially when the deadline is near, and the contributors have just submitted their articles :P i don't like spreading myself too thinly (i'm so thin to begin with :P ), and i want to do my job as well as i can.

the Bible says, "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." (james 1:17) this is one of those good things that God has given me lately for which i am thankful for.

No comments: